Want to feel good about helping some kids who really need it? Like to get some very cool rewards for doing so? Can I bribe you and help your business at the same time? Read on….
In 2010 a client of mine discovered that I was a keen cyclist and asked me if I’d join their team for the Tour de Kids, a grueling charity ride to raise funds for Starlight Children’s Foundation. That year they rode from Melbourne to Sydney and I joined in the last few days with the Colliers International team from Canberra to Sydney. That just whetted my appetite.
In 2011 I signed up for the full ride; 1200km in 7 days from Adelaide to Melbourne riding with the Virgin Money team. It was tough. We had one day where we did a 20km climb through the Otway Ranges then backed it up with a 10km climb. That really hurt but it was one of the best days of my life. (Here’s a video report of that day). By the time we arrived in Melbourne 40 of us had raised over $550,000 for Starlight.
In March 2013 I am getting back in the saddle again for what appears to be an even tougher ride around Tasmania. The last few days go from the rugged west coast, across Cradle Mountain and back to Hobart. The stage that says “Cradle Mountain” and “199km” looks terrifying. I can’t wait!
Admittedly this is a personal challenge for me that is truly rewarding, but I will also be training extremely hard and trying to raise as much money as I can along the way to for the Starlight Children’s Foundation to help kids much less fortunate than us.
That’s where you, the rewards and the bribes come in.
Firstly, you can simply donate any amount you are comfortable with via my Fundraising Page. Every dollar counts and I’m truly appreciative of your support.
But here are the inducements, the bribes, the rewards I have dreamed up if you’re willing to go above and beyond:
- A copy of The 4-Hour Body signed by the author Tim Ferriss himself will go to the first person to donate $130 (and nominate the reward). I used the diet and training advice in this book to get in shape for Adelaide to Melbourne and am doing so again for Tasmania.
- Donate $150 (and nominate the reward) and I will feature your chosen listing on InsiderJobs Freelance for 12 months. Value $240 Note: we are launching an Australia-wide version of InsiderJobs in February so you might want to promote the listing to a national audience.
- Donate $200 (and nominate the reward) and I’ll give you 500 NLYZR credits to help you SEO your website (value over $500)
- Donate $500 (and nominate reward) and I will personally search engine optimise your website for 5 search terms using NLYZR and my in-house SEO team. (worth over $2500)
- Donate $1000 (and nominate reward) and I will do a 2 hour “Adapt or die” presentation to your team or your clients in Newcastle or Sydney (elsewhere if you cover travel expenses). I have done similar presentations to major Australian companies around this topic and it gets a great response. Feel free to contact me to learn more.
PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for all of these offers is Wednesday 13 March, 2013
Honestly, any support you can give is very welcome. The above inducements are there to help me reach my fundraising goals quickly. The more we raise the more families we can assist during very trying times.
Starlight’s mission it to improve the resilience and wellbeing of seriously ill children and their families by delivering programs that restore the joy and happiness that serious illness takes away.
Living with illness or injury can cause enormous strain in the lives of children and their families. The pain, loneliness and isolation that sick children feel dominates their lives, and they often miss out on normal experiences that healthy children take for granted.
Physical recovery is only part of the solution. Starlight delivers innovative programs designed to make children happy and lift their spirits when they need it most.
Starlight’s programs include Captain Starlight, Starlight Express Rooms, Starlight Fun Centres, Starlight Escapes, Wishgranting, plus Livewire and Club Ado for teenagers.
For more information on Starlight, visit www.starlight.org.au or contact Starlight on 1300 727 827.;