In April of this year the team at Sticky launched NLYZR, our dedicated web analytics tool, via the GetSticky inbound marketing website. It was the result of almost a year of research and development and has been a massive undertaking for the agency.
This soft launch allowed us to test the service and tools with real users, iron out the bugs and improve the delivery.
Before long we launched NLYZR.com on its own site and asked the question “How effective is your website”. It created an avalanche of traffic and submissions to the site allowing us to test and report on thousands of websites here in Australia and around the world.
Along the way we have toyed with numerous business models for NLYZR. We have been able to use NLYZR to effectively optimise small business sites like Shop Gear and very large corporate sites like Colliers International.
But eventually we had to settle on the best business model for NLYZR and decide who it was best suited to. Seven months of live testing with companies of all shapes and sizes has shown helped us confirm that this is a premium service for marketers who are looking for significant improvement in their online results.
We say that NLYZR is “half man, half machine” but that’s not entirely true. The NLYZR software spits out an amazing amount of data and recommendations and does about 90% of the work. But the other 10% is the human insight and knowledge about how to apply this information to achieve outstanding results.
Its that 10% that makes all the difference. Its also what makes it a premium service.
We recently re-launched the NLYZR site to reflect the more focused service we offer. Its new catch-cry is “optimise, attract & convert”, which really captures the essence of what NLYZR can do for a website and reflects our total inbound marketing philosophy.
We now use NLYZR to assist professional organisations like Colliers International, Australian Cancer Research Foundation, Terry White Chemists and more. We’ve recently begun working with several national and international companies, some that must remain confidential at this stage. We have also invited leading advertising agencies to utilise the service for their clients with all details to be kept in the strictest confidence.
NLYZR started out as a project to enhance websites we were building for clients. As it has evolved and become more sophisticated we realised we had actually created something much bigger than originally expected. Its taken on a life of its own.
Several leading digital marketers have actually been telling us for a while that NLYZR might well be the most dynamic website optimisation service in Australia. At first we thought they were just being polite, but as one successful project after another was completed in rapid succession we began to believe too.
So, I’m extremely grateful to all the people who have contributed to NLYZR, being involved in the testing, providing valuable feedback and supporting us every step of the way.