Its been a busy month since the launch of NLYZR. Interestingly, launching a new product like this has resulted in a considerable lift in enquiries across my other businesses and general activities for me. Suddenly I am doing a lot more guest blogging, interviews and speaking at some really fascinating events.
It demonstrates to me the importance of taking new ideas to market in order to keep your name or brand relevant.
Here’s a quick summary of what been happening:
- Blogging weekly at iStrategy on topics around the digital economy and inbound marketing.
- Presenting online at The Business Growth Summit, with the likes of Chris Brogan, Tim Ferriss, Dan Schawbel, Guy Kawasaki and plenty more. My presentation was “5 Ways to Turn Your Website into a Marketing Machine”.
- Guest blog at Starfish Consulting on overall web marketing.
- Interview on Sky Business News regarding the lack of website optimisation by Australian businesses.
- Speaking at the PublicSphere Digital Culture event as part of a collaborative submission on digital culture in Australia to the National Cultural Policy consultation.
- Speaking at an upcoming HunterNet event on social media as part of modern marketing.
- Joining a panel discussion for the New Institute on how to help make Newcastle an Ideas City.
……And there’s a few more trips for speaking engagements on the horizon.
Seems launching something new can be good for business in more ways than expected. What ideas, apps, sites, businesses or campaigns are you launching to get your name out there?