Earlier this year we were involved in the publication of the collaborative marketing book Age of Conversation 3: Its time to get busy.
The book has gained plenty of attention but this Friday 15 October we want to dial it all the way up to 11 with a concerted online effort of promotion and sales.
Friday is Blog Action Day – and this year’s focus for Blog Action Day is water. To participate in Blog Action Day, you simply register your blog and then write a post. BUT what can you write about? Here’s where Age of Conversation comes in!
You see, our chosen charity for this edition of the Age of Conversation is Charity: Water, who are also one of the participating partners for Blog Action Day. So what we’d like you to do is to help us with a Bum Rush on the Amazon charts – generate sales for AoC3 and raise money for charity: water.
charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. 100% of public donations directly fund water projects.
Amazingly, just $20 can give one person clean water for 20 years. An average water project costs $5,000 and can serve 250 people with clean, safe water – so purchasing a copy of the Age of Conversation 3 really can make a difference to someone’s life!
Here’s how you can help
- Buy the Book and send others to buy the book. If you work in an agency, get your agency to purchase multiple copies and give them out as year end gifts. This is the #1 call to action, because this is where we want to see the most impact. NOTE: Please buy 1 copy at a time because Amazon counts bulk orders once, and please use these affiliate links, which will help us in tracking sales. Remember, all the proceeds from the book sales and referrals will go to charity water:
- Register with Blog Action Day – Help raise the profile and participate in a huge global effort around water by registering for Blog Action Day.
- Blog About Blog Action Day, focusing on AoC3 – Make sure you have a prominent link to the Amazon listing so that readers can easily purchase the book. (Remember to use the affiliate link above. All of these earnings will go to charity as well.)
- Twitter Commentary – Join the other authors as we give a Bum Rush play-by-play on Twitter. We also ask that everyone saying anything about the Bum Rush to use the code #aoc3 so that it can be picked up by What The Hashtag.
- Trackback or Comment on the post that I will leave here on October 15, so that everyone can follow the conversation and help promote exposure on social sites (Digg, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us, etc.)
- Digg the posts listed here and send emails and shouts to friends requesting Diggs.
- Stumble the posts listed and tell friends to do the same.
- Bookmark your posts on Del.icio.us
- Don’t forget Facebook – Make sure to become a Fan of AoC3 and to contribute to our wall
- Send an Old Fashioned email to your friends about the Bum Rush for AoC.
So come on and join the RUSH. We’ll be making plenty of noise around the world this Friday to sell lots of copies of Age of Conversation and help raise money for charity:water.