Since launching NLYZR this year we have been able to generate free reports on over 1000 websites, mostly from Australia. It has given us a fascinating insight into the state of Australian web design industry.
Here are some of the statistics that have emerged after testing 1000 websites:
- Average NLYZR score = 39 /100
- Highest score = 100/100 (well-known US-based site. Several Australian sites have scored high 90’s)
- Lowest score = 2/100 (this site had been outsourced to India by an Australian web designer)
- Only 25% of sites tested have GOOD search engine optimisation. Not great SEO, just acceptable SEO.
- Approximately 42% of sites tested achieved GOOD social media scores. This may be skewed by the large number of our Twitter-savvy followers who have submitted sites to NLYZR. 42% seems a little high to us.
- 19% of sites tested received a GOOD Traffic Conversion score. It amazes us that so many businesses have sites with little or no conversion strategies in place. This appears to be a major issue in Australian websites and web design.
NLYZR has only been running a few months, so we’ll continue to report on the state of Australian websites as the year progresses.