A series of short posts with the latest facts about our digital economy and lives. Use them for your presentations, blogs, homework or trivia nights.
- Apple recently announced that its App Store now offers 225,000 apps which collectively have been downloaded 5 billion times. Source: The Economist
- In 2009, Facebook’s traffic grew by 66% and Twitter’s by 47%. Source: The Economist
- China’s internet population has reached 404 million, up from 384 million at the end of 2009, and the number of people accessing the internet with mobile phones there has reached 233 million. Source: AdAgeChina
- More than 8 million visits were made to news websites every minute, on the night Barack Obama won the US presidential election. On the first day of the 2010 Football World Cup, there were 12 million visits per minute. Source: BBC News Technology
- The number of members of LinkedIn with the title vice-president grew 426% faster than the membership of the site as a whole in 2005-09. Source: The Economist