A series of short posts with the latest facts about our digital economy and lives. Use them for your presentations, blogs, homework or trivia nights.
- The average YouTube user spends 15 minutes a day on the website, compared with 5 hours that the average TV viewer spends in front of the box. Source: The Economist
- Over 8 million tablet computers are expected to be sold in 2010. Source: The Economist
- The iPhone App Store boasts 85,000 applications and a total of more than 2 billion downloads. Source: The Economist
- Fewer than 1% of LinkedIn’s 50 million members worldwide actually pay for the service, compared with around 10% of Viadeo’s and 18% of Xing’s. Source: The Economist
- Apple accounts for 69% of online music sales – and 35% of all music sales (more than Wal-mart) – in America. Source: The Economist