A series of short posts with the latest facts about our digital economy and lives. Use them for your presentations, blogs, homework or trivia nights.
- At the end of 2008, there were 189 million mobile-broadband connections generating on average 175 megabytes of traffic per month. A year later the respective figures were 312 million and 273 megabytes – a growth of 158%. Source: The Economist
- China has 400 million internet users compared with America’s 240 million and India’s 80 million. Source: The Economist
- Around 20% of all online transactions now take place over so-called alternative payment systems – bypassing banks and credit cards. Source: The Future of Money Magazine
- In America, the number of advertising pages in magazines dropped by 26% between 2008 and 2009. Source: The Economist
- The average profitability of companies using the internet has increased by 2.7%. Source: BBC News