A series of short posts with the latest facts about our digital economy and lives. Use them for your presentations, blogs, homework or trivia nights.
- In 2009, Facebook’s traffic grew by 66% and Twitter’s by 47%. Source: The Economist
- With 48 billion unique images, Facebook houses the world’s largest photo collection. Source: Time Magazine
- Facebook flashed more than 176 billion banner ads at users in the first three months of this year — more than any other site. Source: Time Magazine
- YouTube is expected to generate as much as $700 million in revenue this year. Source: Wired Magazine
- By 2020 the internet will add $3.8 trillion (£2.5 trillion) to the global economy, exceeding the gross domestic product of Germany. Source: BBC News