A series of short posts with the latest facts about our digital economy and lives. Use them for your presentations, blogs, homework or trivia nights.
- In 2009, revenues from mobile apps amounted to nearly $10 billion. Source: The Economist
- E-books represented about 1.5% of consumer book sales in 2009 in North America. Source: The Economist
- Sales of music in the form of digital files grew by 9.2% to exceed a quarter of total sales during 2009. Source: The Economist
- Google responds to around 35,000 search queries every second. Source: The Economist
- Google made a profit of $209,624 per employee in 2008. Source: Pingdom