A series of short posts with the latest facts about our digital economy and lives. Use them for your presentations, blogs, homework or trivia nights.
- 668,000 dotcom sites are registered every month. Source: BBC News
- For the week ending March 13th 2010, Facebook accounted for 7.1% of the America’s web traffic, compared with Google’s 7.0% – the first time Facebook has had a weekly lead. Source: The Economist
- Apple has just 2.2 per cent of the world cell-phone market, but even that means it sold twenty-five million iPhones in 2009. Source: The New Yorker
- By 2020 the internet will add $3.8 trillion (£2.5 trillion) to the global economy, exceeding the gross domestic product of Germany. Source: BBC News
- BBC’s website receives 20 million British visitors a month – a third of the UK population and around the same as the proportion of Americans who log on to Facebook. Source: The Economist