A series of short posts with the latest facts about our digital economy and lives. Use them for your presentations, blogs, homework or trivia nights.
- Research pegs the total U.S. social media audience at 127 million. Source: Adweek
- At the end of 2008, there were 189 million mobile-broadband connections generating on average 175 megabytes of traffic per month. A year later the respective figures were 312 million and 273 megabytes – a growth of 158%. Source: The Economist
- Despite the surfeit of available apps – some 140,000 and counting – the average iPhone or iPod Touch owner uses between 5 to 10 apps regularly. Source: The New York Times
- Facebook users post over 55 million updates a day on the site and share more than 3.5 billion pieces of content with one another every week. Source: The Economist
- An average of 247 billion email messages per day were sent in 2009. Source: Pingdom